A tasty solution for those who are always on the move
- Preparation time 5 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes (plus 30 minutes cooling time)
50g butter (or vegan margarine*)
3 tbsp sunflower seeds, roughly chopped
3 tbsp pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
3 tbsp sesame seeds, roughly chopped
1 ripe banana, mashed
100g rolled or jumbo oats
50g ground flaxseed
50g dried goji berries or cranberries
3 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Melt the butter (or margarine*) in a small pan, then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Pack into a small, foil lined loaf tin (approx. 18cm x 10cm) and bake for 25-30 minutes, until crispy on top. Leave to cool for at least ten minutes before removing from the tin. Then wait a further 20 minutes before cutting into eight small bars.
© The Vegetarian Society 2012