The perfect breakfast for those who want to detox
- Preparation time 10 minutes
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
200g ready to eat prunes, sliced
200ml apple juice
50g blueberries or blackberries (reserve a few for the topping)
200g zero fat Greek yoghurt (or soya yoghurt for vegan option*)
50g chopped hazelnuts
Pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon
- Place the compote ingredients into a large pan and gently simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold the blueberries into the yoghurt and set aside.
- Place the oats, nuts and nutmeg or cinnamon into a non-stick pan. Gently heat for five minutes, stirring from time to time.
- To serve, share out the fruit into four dishes, add a little yoghurt then top with the oat mixture and the reserved blueberries.
© The Vegetarian Society 2012.